This website, or the third tools exploited by it, use cookies that are necessary for its operation and useful to the Cookie Policy purposes.

For further information, or to deny the consent to all cookies, or some of them, please refer to the Cookie Policy. By accepting, you automatically agree to the cookies' utilisation.

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: my wishlist

my wishlist 1 year 5 months ago #139

• voudas
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
i tried to keep it short :p

1. unwrap capability / export texture as image (ps. if it is interesting for anyone i could upload my current workflow to export textures from the vertexes)

2. option to only see each newest range image upon each capture instead of just stacking them all on each other

3. projection of a small text apart from the vertical line at the initial calibration phase, it would help for easier and more accurate projector focus

4. zoom ability of camera feed during calibration for more accurate camera focus

5. ideas for faster alignment. shortcuts on align mode (N_ext, A_lign etc) to speed things up and an optional "pro" automated mode on align phase (auto Next if deviation <= a selected value, auto selection of next free floating range image, auto align after the selection of the 3 points). these could help save a LOT of time when there is a lot of workload

6. field to enter degree of rotation on vertical axis for faster alignment without selecting points

7. now when u press "align" again and again the algorithm gets a bit different results each time. would it make sense to have it run on backgrount 5 times and keep the the lowest deviation run? it would lead to better global alignment with not noticeable speed loss

8. after alignment of 2 range images, could the third window rotate the parts to show the side with the most interactions between the 2 range images?

9. manual alignment capability /rotate etc, for cases like thin flat objects, coins etc where it is difficult to find common features for auto alignment

10. calibration board could benefit from tags on each target to state which is which and to not confuse the up and down side (which could lead to vertically inverted range images)

:D
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SIAB_Gabriele, SIAB_Andrea

my wishlist 1 year 5 months ago #140

• SIAB_Gabriele
  • Moderatore
  • Thank you received: 9
Hello Voudas!
Thanky you very much for your suggestion, they're all really good!
1. unwrap capability / export texture as image (ps. if it is interesting for anyone i could upload my current workflow to export textures from the vertexes)

I think could be really interesting to share your workflow on this!

Best Regards

my wishlist 1 year 5 months ago #141

• voudas
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
ty Gabriele, ok i will prepare a small guide on that :)
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds